Sustainable Fleet Management and Procurement Technology
Sustainable fleet management and procurement technology should go hand-in-hand.
- Sustainable fleet management involves monitoring performance, minimising wastage and extending the life of your fleet of devices to reduce carbon emissions. Compnow’s device lifecycle management and SustainIT’s end-of-lifecycle management services can ensure you get the most out of your technology, from deployment to sustainable destruction.
- Procurement processes are designed to reduce costs while meeting the needs of your organisation. Compnow’s procurement capabilities can make your technology (device) purchases, replacements and rollouts easier with software packaging, asset tagging, data migration, buffer stock storage, and more.
Benefits of Sustainable Fleet Management
Sustainable fleet management can also be called lifecycle management. Lifecycle management can include mobile phones, laptops, desktops, tablets, and other devices. And lifecycle management is across the lifespan of the devices, from purchasing and deployment to replacements and sustainable disposal.
The benefits of sustainable fleet management can include:
- Reducing the environmental impact of your fleet of devices with environmentally friendly e-waste and data destruction.
- Improving the efficiency of your operations and adoption of new technologies.
- Improving business efficiency.
- Ease the strain on supply chain management and resources required by your IT team.
To further support your hardware, software and IT department, Compnow offers Device as a Service (DaaS) for per-seat, per-month cost certainty. DaaS is offered across a range of vendors, thanks to our technology partnerships, and can be managed through our simple webstore and purchasing portal.
Tips For Sustainable Procurement Technology
Before exploring sustainability opportunities, ensure your procurement technology can meet the needs of your organisation. Consider outsourcing the day-to-day management to a nationwide partner with specialist infrastructure and resources (such as Compnow).
For sustainability, your organisation needs to know all of the devices that are currently used by your employees for work purposes. A purchasing portal can provide employees with an opportunity to find new devices and gives the organisation a reporting platform to see what is owned and by who. Once this is established, sustainable procurement and lifecycle management can be better managed.
Even if your organisation has specific requirements, enquire with us. We are committed to providing excellent procurement services and are on several exclusive procurement panels with government, universities and other national organisations.
How We Can Help
We have been delivering IT solutions to organisations across Australia since 1990. Our teams of nationwide experts can help develop sustainable technology practices for your organisation, whether you’re in a small-to-medium business or enterprise organisation.
Showcasing our expertise is our case study on sustainability cutting costs at Curtain University. As their sustainable procurement partner, we help deliver 3,500 devices each year while cutting plastics from the supply chain with cardboard and paper-only packaging. The other benefits of our partnership include:
- Saving 100kg of landfill waste for each monthly order
- Saving $5,000 per year by changing to eco-laptop bags
- Sustainable device disposal with SustainIT
Learn more about sustainable lifecycle management and procurement by contacting our expert team.